Friday, November 2, 2012

Batu Caves

After our Korean lunch at Ampang Putra Residensi, we moved to Gombak district for a half day visit at Batu Caves. I waited long to go there as the spectacular golden statue always attract me whenever I am back from Genting Highlands. Finally this day darling agreed to bring me go since it is located not far from Ampang.


DSC_0342
Just like any other temple or kuil, which surrounding has a lot of stalls selling flowers and altarage


DSC_0341
Huge pond and little man-made waterfall beside the cave, however it is not open for public access


DSC_0348
I left a footprint here finally!


DSC_0349
What a spectacular one!


Photobucket
And we gonna conquer 272 steps to reach temple inside the cave!


Photobucket
Holy creatures that you will always see them appeared near the holy site


Photobucket
Just can't take off my eyes from the statue!


DSC_0414
Elements of Hindu deities


DSC_0413
The steps look hard to climb but actually it is just a piece of cake if compared to the Tiger temple (Wat Tham Sua) in Krabi


DSC_0373
The power of mother nature!


DSC_0375
View from top!


DSC_0402
On the other side of Temple cave is Dark cave


DSC_0409
View from Dark Cave


Photobucket
Exploring Dark cave would probably be my next adventurous trip?


Photobucket
At the entrance of the temple cave


PhotobucketInside the temple cave


Photobucket
Interior of the cave and many people were performing prayer during our visit


I actually hope to visit Batu Caves during the Thaipusam festival.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...