Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Nyok Lan Kajang Satay, Restoran Malaysia

Whenever people talk about Kajang Satay, my first reaction will always be: "Huh? I don't think it is good, do you?" and quite reluctant to drive that far for a so-so satay which can also be found near my house hawker center. Previously I always visit Sate Kajang Haji Samuri because it is popular, really big restaurant, and we thought it is the best satay shop in Kajang. However, every visit made me quite disappointed because the satay is dry and lean. But one thing make them outstanding is they offer many varieties of satay meat including rabbit meat!! I think this shop is just simply overrated and due to bulk production, the satay quality drops. My perception on Kajang Satay finally changed when I visited a shop sell really good Kajang Satay recently.  

During my 2nd year time, one of my coursemate from Kajang brought us to a corner lot satay shop and told us that Haji Samuri is just for tourist, they local people don't visit there but here. I only remembered I visited once, and then completely forget about everything. So every time when darling want Kajang Satay so much, we only drive to Haji Samuri. Until last Sunday, we watched a TV programme interviewed that shop and after searching over few blogs, we finally knew the shop called Restoran Malaysia, Nyok Lan Kajang Satay; and spontaneously drove to Kajang just for it.


20121118_185315
This shop is located at Jalan Semenyih, Bangi. GPS: N 2.99285 E101.78960



Photobucket
Large chunks of meat being satay-ed. Besides satay, there is grill chicken wing as well


Photobucket
The shop is not big like Haji Samuri but still fully packed with diners


Photobucket
See the flame!


20121118_190354
Menu and price of food and beverages, this shop although is operated by Chinese but I think it is halal as they don't sell pork


20121118_190406
Don't come on Tuesday! We didn't dine in, and just waited around 20 minutes for our packed away satay


DSC_0208
Got ourselves 20 sticks chicken, 5 sticks mutton and 5 sticks duck, of course we cannot finish, and leave for tomorrow lunch


DSC_0199
My favorite and must have when eating satay!


DSC_0213
They have very nice Ketupat! Match well with the peanut sauce~


DSC_0200
Their peanut sauce taste like Haji Samuri one, sweet and fragrant, but the sambal is quite chinese style, and is awesome! Taste a bit bitter but still nice~


DSC_0205
Chicken Satay, the meat chunk is quite generous, although is lean meat but not dry, taste not bad but nothing special, yet darling love it so much


DSC_0204
Mutton Satay, very nice! No weird and stink smell of mutton, very soft and tender texture, very yummy even without the peanut sauce!


DSC_0201
Duck Satay, the duck meat is flavorful and nicely marinated. Meat texture is a bit hard but I love the taste so much, like to eat it without peanut sauce also


***********

Since Nyok Lan has best satay served on its own without the peanut sauce, what to do with the sauce? It is yummy and I just don't wanna waste it! So I made Peanut sauce baked fish the next day!

 
20121121_121556
Wrap the dory fish fillet with the peanut sauce,  send to preheated oven at 220degC and bake for 25 minutes
 
 
20121121_121744
I also added in some onion and cosway sambal chili to boost spiciness
 
 
20121121_122031
Yummy!
 
 
Ratings
Food: 7.5/10
Price: Shown above
Environment: 3/10
Service: 4/10
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...