Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wesak day in Penang

Wesak day is a big day to Buddhist, similar to the Christmas day to Christian. Undeniably, it is a big event for Penangites, which will be celebrated with float parade every year. Probably because Penang has really many Chinese who believes in Buddha, and thus it has a lot of temple and meditation center. The parade floats are from different temple and meditation center, up to 30 more participated this year. I love seeing parade, however I had always missed the chance, mainly due to the loneliness. Yeah, my parents and family members do not quite like to go crowded place, and finding a parking lot is a big headache to them especially during such big event. However, this year I suggested to see the parade to my mum and surprisingly she agreed! Thanks mummy for accompanying me! Yeah, of course I don't wish to end up the event without any snap-shooting~ Here I share some pictures of beautiful Buddha float.

 
Passing through a Buddhist temple, it is located at a small road where the parade will pass through later



And here is some photos of the floats~ 










The sincere followers
They ought to walk for 7km, under the rain



Phor Tay School, it is a Buddhism based school



The float from Penang Hui Yin Seh (慧音社)
I heart this the most, they had bubbles out and cute little girls singing Buddha songs on top of the platform, so lovely!


Some others floats...












Although the Wesak day is already past, here I still wishing everybody had a peaceful and blessed year ahead

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...