Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My 23rd #2 @ Daorae Korean BBQ, Bayan Point

About 4 days after my 1st celebration, now came the 2nd celebration of my birthday with my beloved family. I seldom went to Korean restaurant but actually I am so in love with Korean cuisine due to their unique spiciness and sourish flavor which tie my appetite very well. Since sister asked me to choose whatever I like to eat, so I decided to pay Daorae Korean BBQ Restaurant a visit, although the youngers may not feel happy with my decision (children dislike spicy~), hehe! Daorae Korean BBQ Restaurant is located at Bayan point, easily seen because it is near to the biggest roundabout in Bayan Lepas and Penang.

Because there was 9 of us, so we request for a private room, this might not be a good choice because it is difficult to call for waiter, resulting bad service we got.

DSC_0908
DSC_0903
Various kind of sauces and garlic were given to give a kick to the BBQ meat



DSC_0894
I love the rice bran green tea that served~


DSC_0916
Plenty of Banchan (side dishes) were served, all are free and refillable~ However, it was kinda hard to call for refill because all staffs were busy on that weekend night

DSC_0913
We ordered 3 kind of BBQ meat, and the staff will help us to do the barbeque work, we just need to wait and eat! The grill meat will be wrapped by iceberg lettuce, together with garlic or various Banchan and sauces as you like!


DSC_0915
Pork Special (RM35) - The pork cuts are seasoned in sesame oil sauce before grill


DSC_0922
After grill Pork Special~ The portion is quite small, but the meat is tender and juicy~ The meat did not have strong taste, may be because it was not a marinated one


DSC_0931
Yang-nyum Dak-gal-bi (RM28) - Skinless chicken fillets marinated in their house special soy sauce


DSC_0923
Hanbang Dweji Wang Galbi (RM38) - Pork rib that marinated in special Korean ginseng, herbs extract and sweet soy sauce


DSC_0930
Oh, this is yummy! I love BBQ~ All the meat are not overly cooked, with unique aroma of marinade, simply nice!


DSC_0928
Pa-Jeon (RM25) - A delicate savory pancake comprising of fresh seafood in batter, topped with spring onions. This is my every-time-must-order whenever I stepped into Korean restaurant. But this day was more special because usually I will love to have Kimchi-Jeon, however we had children around, so order a non-spicy pancake would be better.


DSC_0914
Dweji Bok-um-bab (RM18) - Pork fried rice, but this is a more sticky version, taste very good and full with lots of enoki mushroom, also it has strong fragrance of sweet soy sauce!


DSC_0917
Jab-chae (RM30) - Korean glass noodle pan-fried with thin slices of marinated pork and assorted seasoned vegetables in sesame oil sauce, yummy!


DSC_0929
Kimchi-Jeon-gol (RM55 for small) - Although we ordered a small one, but the bowl is really big and can feed up to 4 persons! I am always addicted to this kind of dish, because I love Kimchi to the max! It is a combination of pork, kimchi, tofu and Korean noodles, simmered in a rich Kimchi soup which served in a cast iron pot.

 
DSC_0932
My Oreo Cheese cake, I love Oreo-related stuffs, whatever! But the oreo crumbs were not crispy at all, disappointed~


DSC_0937
Light up and birthday song sang!


DSC_0939
DSC_0950
DSC_0944
DSC_0940
DSC_0945
DSC_0941
Happy family, happy moment~


DSC_0958
DSC_0959
It tasted much more like chocolate cheese cake rather than Oreo cheese cake, because the Oreo flavor is kinda lack of, and the crumbs are not crunchy~ I should try other cake house instead of following Jenny's all this while.


DSC_0015
The gifts I got~ Thanks Bro for the Esprit watch~ Thanks Mum, Dad, Sis, Annie Sis, Ah Ma and 2nd Aunt for the Ang Pow~ And thanks Sis again for the wrapped present hehe!


DSC_0017
What was the wrapped gift? Oh it is a comfy cotton shirt from Hush Puppies~ Thanks Sis


DSC_0985
Dad also bought me a pair of Reebok shoes, thanks dad, it is comfortable and fashionable! I really need a pair of good shoes for hiking and jogging~



1
And thanks mum for the useful Supamop! This really saves up a lot of my effort when mopping floor, no more backache and tiring hands!


Ratings
Food: 9/10
Price: RM25-40 per pax
Environment: 5/10
Service: 4/10

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...