Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Eastern Wishes Cafe @ i-Avenue

Every Sunday is my family day, this is the day when my sister's small family will dine together with us. Not quite sure when was it already but it was the day my little niece had a performance at night time, thus my sister suggest to have lunch nearby their house instead of going to Georgetown so that her daughter can rest well and prepare for the night. Therefore, we came to Eastern Wishes Cafe, located at i-Avenue, Sg Nibong of Penang island. 

Eastern Wishes Cafe is a fusion restaurant that serves both Nanyang and Thai style cuisine. I am not quite sure how Nanyang style should be like, I guess it is something similar with Nyonya style? Spicy, sour and taste so strong.


DSC_0883
This restaurant is located same row with the JPJ office, very easy to be found~

1
It is a simple home-cooked style restaurant, offering variety of Nanyang and Thai cuisine, they do the delivery service as well!

2
Interior environment of the restaurant

DSC_0813
The menu, looks not quite good but actually got many Holiao (good stuff) inside

3
While waiting for our food after we made the order, I like to snapshot my little niece, at this time I am not sure why she was being whiny and did not want to look at my camera, because she used to love posing always. 

DSC_0818 
Haha, this one is cute, snaped unexpectedly when she was annoyed!

DSC_0828 
Another niece, she dislike to take picture but I persuaded her successfully 

DSC_0830
Special Black Pepper Crispy Squid - RM15
A little bit different from the usual squid we had, this is so crispy until the texture is like prawn with shell, the black pepper sauce is also not quite similar with the ordinary one, this one is a little bit more like the sweet soya sauce, not that spicy and pungent as the usual black pepper sauce. I love this one!

DSC_0833
Various Beans in Sambal - RM8
Oh this one is nice, so flavorful and it has all my favorite beans out there, especially the stink bean petai!

DSC_0835
Hakka Namju Pork - RM15
This is also very nice, the meat has fully absorbed the yummy Namju (red fermented beancurd) until the meat is so juicy and luscious. It gains extra bonus for the deeply fried crispy out skin!

DSC_0838
Seaweed soup - RM7
This is quite a small bowl but the fillings are great, fulled with lotsa fish balls, seaweed, veggie, fish cakes and eggs!

DSC_0845
Fried Brinjal - RM10
I am not so loving with the eggplant, due to its strange texture. But this plate is okay to me, because the eggplant is not that weirdly soft as I thought.

DSC_0849
Lemon Steam Red Snapper - RM35
I have to admit this one is great because I love salty-sour food so much, not very like the ordinary Teochew steam, but it is much sourer and flavorous.

DSC_0855
Belacan Chicken Wing - RM9
This is an all-time-favorite, who doesn't love it? The chicken wings are fried until crispy outside, yet inside is still juicy and soft, and don't be doubtful, even its bone has the aroma of belacan! Can you imagine how great they marinated the chicken wing until the bone has the flavor?

DSC_0858
Dessert time! ABC - RM4.20
This is nothing can be complained, the ice-cream is my favorite vanilla flavor, while the red beans and Atap seed are so soft~

DSC_0860 
Chendol - RM2.80
For me this is just so so and nothing's special, may be I just dislike Chendol and I think it just tastes like the outside ordinary hawker stall Chendol


DSC_0875
As we had finished our lunch, and this little girl was finally willing to let me have a proper shot of her



Eastern Wishes Cafe 南洋泰餐茶餐厅
No 1-1-49, i-Avenue, 
Jalan Tun Dr Awang, 
11900 Bayan Lepas, Penang.
H/P: 016-4935191

Ratings

Food: 8.5/10
Price: RM125.10 for 5adults and 2 children
Environment: 6.5/10
Service: 7/10

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...