Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My 23rd #1 @ Crepe Cottage, Gurney

I celebrated my 23rd birthday in Penang last month. Although darling was not with me, but I was totally in fun with family and friends, surprisingly. I'd like to thank my family and friends for giving me so much love and care, it really made me feel I am not alone! Glad to have all of you in my life, when I grow older, I realized how much important you all to me. Again, even though darling was not with me, I still can feel his warm and love across the air. Birthday is not a big deal, just the warm and cozy atmosphere surrounded by friends and the loved one is the most essential part.

About few days before my birthday, my old friend PJ suddenly asked if I was free to hang out together. She asked whether I wan to go Redbox or just dinner. Initially I thought  it's just a simple gathering between me, Xinyi, PJ and Jamie. Until the day, I just knew Stimfish, Imietze joined in too. I felt curious because the gang that out for that night was weird. Thanks to Xinyi who didn't require much effort to cheat and withdraw my curiosity and suspicion on the secret surprise. 

Me: Why so weird one??? I mean the people who go tonight. (Thinking there might be a secret birthday celebration for me)
Xinyi: Where got weird? Can't simply go out have dinner meh? So long time didn't meet up liao! Everytime CNY also call up everybody to meet de lah! 
Me: Oh.. but today is not CNY mah, some more today is weekday, everybody still got to work.. meeting up today is weird, weird people weird gathering!
Xinyi: Just go for dinner, long time no chat only! 
Me: Oh ic! (and feel embarrassing for thinking people go for my birthday celebration but they aren't, well, a little bit down anyway hahaha)

Then, when Imietze arrived at Xinyi house, we car-pooled to Crepe Cottage at Gurney!

IMG_4244
Here is the place~ A simple and vintage home-cooked style restaurant, located at the busy yet classy road of Gurney, kinda contrary~


7
They served both sweet and savory crepe well


IMG_4116
IMG_4118
IMG_4121
The menu, almost all dishes are presented in picture, I like this way because it can boost my appetite and assist me in ordering


IMG_4149
PJ and Jamie's Kiwi Juice(RM5), taste really like 100% natural fresh squeeze juice and so thick~


8 
The rest of us order Ice Peach Tea (RM4.50)


IMG_4158
Brown sauce chicken (RM16), grilled chicken fillet topped with brown mushroom sauce, taste good but not a memorable one

 
1415
Jamie and Stimfish had their Brown sauce chicken, this was served first and we all really envied them as we were starve!



IMG_4171
My Cheese crumbed chicken (RM15), the chicken portion is covered by crunchy crispy bread crumb, drenched with lemon sauce, making the chicken fillet tastes sour and its savor is exactly like the Pringles' Sour Cream and Onion flavor. I like this but it is quite lack of cheese taste, this disappointed me but overall this dish is good!


IMG_4174
PJ's Cheese stuffed chicken (RM15), this is like the non-fried version of cordon bleu, grilled instead! Plenty of cheese is wrapped by 2 pieces of thick chicken breast, drenched with spaghetti-like sauce, I would love it if the sauce is replaced by others.


IMG_4181
Xinyi's Roast Chicken (RM12), nothing to comment because I did not try it.


IMG_4184 
Imietze's Cheesy Bake (RM14), Oh this is great, inside the wrap was stir-fried of chicken and veggies, could not remember but I remember I love this to the max! A little bit like Nasi Pataya huh?


IMG_4185
Dessert to be shared! Hot Apple Pancake (RM10)


IMG_4191
The hot apple give perfect combination and balancing with the cooling vanilla ice cream that wrapped in the crepe, I love this plate because it isn't too sweet, but with a tad of sourish which make the dessert more refreshing.


IMG_4196
Mango cup (RM13), two scoops of mango flavor ice cream are placed in a crepe cup, which is harder and crispier, and bit of mango chunks were also in the cup.


IMG_4199
This is too good and we couldn't wait to finish it off! One full spoon of mango ice cream, and mango chunks, give excellent sensation when serve together with the crispy crepe and non-greasy whipping cream!

Overall the dinner tasted averagely good, but the service was really slow and the portion is quite small. If you like to have a relaxable and yummy dinner, then this is your choice! But make sure you don't go there when you are in starve! We spent almost one hour to have our dish! While waiting for our dinner, we snap-shot and chit-chat nonstop there, the whole restaurant was really bombarded with our noise!


5
4
12
11
103
Aiyo, the last picture should be replaced with Xinyi's photo instead!

 
And when we were about to clear the bill, PJ and Xinyi suddenly hold the birthday cake out! OMG this really surprised me hahaha! Thanks a lot to the planner Xinyi, the cake buyer PJ and the rest of my friends for attending the dinner!

IMG_4209
1819Thanks PJ for the Green tea cheese cake, I like it!

 
IMG_4219
IMG_4222
23

24
Oh, the lovely restaurant wishing me happy birthday too by free me a plate of pancake, with strawberry jam in between and topped with vanilla ice cream! This is really nice because the strawberry jam was not that sweet as usual one~ *Like it and Thanks!*


IMG_4249IMG_4245IMG_4238 
Snap-shooting still couldn't stop after we stepped out from the restaurant, and the photos ended with our Supermodel Imietze with the supercar park aside! Haha, and the great dinner end, thanks for the celebration again, thanks for the cake and the dinner treat! I ♥ you all!

Crepe Cottage
77-A, Persiaran Gurney, 10250 Penang.
H/P: 019-4481680

Ratings
Food: 8.5/10
Price: 5/10 (RM140 for 6 persons~ No tax charged!)
Environment: 4/10
Service: 6/10

3 comments:

stimfish said...

long waited post wei xD

HsIM said...

haha! Yeah I have many pending posts haha

stimfish said...

jia you o! haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...