Sunday, August 7, 2011

His 26th

It is so terrible to blog about Darling's birthday now because it was already passed for few months. Yet, I still ain't wanna miss any precious memory of him in my life, so I decided to jot it down in my very own space of journal.

It was his 26th birthday, honestly I had no idea on how to celebrate his birthday, when two people be together for a long time, this may be quite a hard time when come to figure out the ideas of giving surprise or celebration. Luckily, Darling is someone who easily gratify for what I do for him, he didn't want for any big gift and big meal, instead he just want to spend his birthday quietly with me, in a delectable and most relaxable atmosphere. Therefore, I prepared him a good meal, I think this is something best and unique I can do for him, at least.

1

I prepared him the mixed herbs grilled chicken.  I always think when there comes a special event, western food should be served. I was quite headache when thinking  of what to cook, thanks for the web and the blog world, they inspired me for this yummilicious grilled chicken.

I am trying not to boast but sorry I have to say that this is really very yummy. I did marinate the chicken one night before, mixed a stalk of rosemary, chopped onion and garlic, chopped parsley leaves, BBQ sauce, and honey together with the chicken to make it juicy and flavorful.

On the next day, pan-fried the chicken until the outer skin is golden brown, then prepare the sauce. I did add in tomato sauce,  a little bit chili sauce, BBQ sauce, mushroom and tomato dices and the remaining of the marinated ingredients (remove all herbs in prior) to make a thicken sauce overlaid above the cooked chicken. I love this and luckily Darling loves this too!

 

DSC_0012
I also prepared a bowl of delicate spaghetti for him. In normal days, my spaghetti will not be performed in this way, only specially for his birthday haha. Prepare the spaghetti sauce as usual, thicken with cheddar cheese, mixed the sauce with the already cooked spaghetti, decorate with mussel at side, overlaid mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese on top and sent into oven for 15minutes, 200 degree. The top layer should use mozzarella cheese because cheddar cheese is not easy to melt and colored up with golden brown.


DSC_0013
The meal that I prepared for him, and he loved it! You guess what? Although preparing all these things really tired me up, but it is worth when he just said one word: "Yummy!". Haha, I am easily contented as well right? I have overestimated the space of our stomach, finished all these really took us a great effort!


2 
How can a birthday without birthday cake? How can a birthday boy spend his birthday without blowing candle? I did make a cake secretly for him, and this really surprised him because he never thought I could do all this secretly in a day! I still cheated him that sorry for not preparing nor ordering any cake for him, because really no time. I can see a slight of disappointment from him, but he said nevermind as he can go and buy a slice of cake for himself after the dinner. Oh how lovely and considerate he is.

Again, I hope I can make something which is easy and does not take much time to finish, and I got this cake recipe from the blog world. It is a yogurt cake, which does not require any baking process, just freezing the cake in the fridge will do.

It looks beautiful and successful in other blogger's page, but this is not my case, in fact I ruined the cake! Not sure why this could happen, but at least darling appreciated for what I've done, hehe.


DSC_0023 
The cake texture didn't bind properly, I am wonder whether is my gelatine powder not enough or the poor-functioning fridge matter? OMG, this yogurt cake is so watery, and it really wasted my effort! Darling said next time don't ever try this kind of non-bake cake, it doesn't work well if keep in our poor little fridge, same went to the ice-cream cake I made last time, same recipe same way but present good and delicious in my own Penang home, but went to a total failure when came to this poor fridge. And also, I think I should not use gelatine powder next time, should use agar-agar or jelly powder instead.



DSC_0022
Yet, darling is still very happy for the cake I prepared for him! I was glad that you still loved it and didn't ruin your mood because of this watery cake, thanks!


DSC_0024 
Since our Sabah trip was on the next day, I bought him a swimming shorts from Ogival, so that he could swim and snorkeling during our island hoping trip. His first ever swimming costume!

  

2 comments:

解米 said...

How can he not happy with the things you did for him?? I will not be so hardworking to cook the meal~ haha..maybe because I do not really like to cook. From what you have done, I really feel the love of you on him. For me, I also feel that celebrating birthday quietly which only have two persons is very romantic and great. It doesn't need to be grand or crazy party...lastly, wish you and him live happily forever ~~

HsIM said...

haha thanks thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...