Monday, March 21, 2011

Le midi @ Bangsar Shopping Center

Aunty Yvonne and my mum were heading south to KL 1 week ago to visit and had a short break with my cousin. The first night they reached KL, my very kind and generous cousin treated us to le midi which located in BSC for her son's sake. As a food lover, this place is entirely not up to my liking. As a reckoner, I would not come again to this place unless I have extra moola to spurge on. However, if you are looking for somewhere which provides good service and excellent environment, this should be a great choice. Quiet, romantic and cozy atmosphere, with big french windows that give you excellent view of KLCC, quite a better place for couples, but definitely not me. Well, honestly, I felt quite stressful dining here, the captain kept on serving and talking to you, of course introducing you some high quality and fancy dishes when you were browsing the menu.

20110313_014
le midi, at BSC

20110313_006
Very special light-changing round shape aquarium, with jelly fish inside

20110313_001
My two nephews

20110313_003
Prior to the appetizer, they served plain bun/wholemeal bun, together with salted butter and basil tomato dipping sauce
The bun is serving warm, soft and fluffy texture, I would say the bun is better than the main course :p
The waiter will offer you for more buns after you had finished the first. Of course, I took two. No doubt, I am a bread lover

20110313_002
each person entitled a basil tomato dipping sauce, and the salted butter of course is great too

20110313_007
The appetizer, mix platter RM138
A combination of smoked salmon, goat cheese, bacon, cod fish, leave-wrap rice & etc.
This is recommended by the captain, for sharing.
Nothing to complain on this, because it actually tastes quite perfectly.

20110313_012
The lobster spaghetti, RM88
This is also recommended by the captain and my nephew decided to give it a try
Don't be misled by the huge lobster shell, it is an empty one actually, mainly for decoration purpose
I did not try this at all, but heard from my nephew that it is quite lack of flavor, perhaps the cheese flakes are missing, which they gave it afterward

Since this is a treat from my cousin, of course we chose the cheapest main course available from the menu

20110313_009
Mum's Duck confit RM68
Duck confit flambe with Provencal brandy, and accompanied by a potato gratin and ratatouille
Well, taste not bad, but a little bit too salty

20110313_008
Mine Moroccan chicken-RM68
Moroccan organic chicken tagine with piquant lemon confit and seasonal vegetables
I guess this is turkey instead of chicken because the leg is so huge and the meat is quite hard to chew. Serving with couscous-the very disgusting dish I've ever had. I hate couscous, weird texture and taste

20110313_013
Darling's seabass-RM68
Mediterranean grilled seabass served with roasted vegetables
Well, the seabass is fresh, but for me it tastes quite ordinary

Not manage to capture all food photos, but the total bill for all foods are RM990++ (Included tax)
Wow! I think this is a little bit overpriced, because I don't think the food worth this price.
My cousin also said eat KFC is even better :p

20110313_004
A picture of me and my mum

20110313_015
Goodbye to le midi, this should be my first and last time to visit here

Ratings
Food: 6.5/10
Price: 10/10 (too much overpriced)
Environment: 9/10
Service: 9/10

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...