Saturday, September 8, 2012

Journey to good health

Hanging out whole day to prepare things for my upcoming trip, unfortunately I am still unable to grab an underwater casing for my Sony digital compact camera, sigh. Although I managed to find it, the only one shop offers the only last set after few hours of searching, but the price is really far from what I expected and knew from web. With a little disappointment (how can such a thing so uncommon in capital city, but so common in Skudai Johor!?), we left Lowyat and Timesquare then headed to Midvalley for dinner and currency exchange.

Every weekend if we are in Midvalley, we will sure pay a visit to the exhibition if any. This week is The Heart Exhibition and Beauty exhibition. Beauty fair is nothing special but many stalls selling facial and hair products, and also the facial package. We saw Amber Chia there too but just too shy to go and get a photo with her . Finally bought myself a box of mask at 50% discount, happy~

Another hall was The Heart fair, healthy food products like oatmeal, milk and carotino oil are sold there. We also have our free health and nutrition screening there. After the screening, there are many professional personnel stand by there to explain the result to us. I am a little bit overweight and have higher cholesterol although still in normal range. My diet and workout plan seems like not really work well on me, but I still have to work harder to overcome this threshold .


20120908_211554
Got myself a free booklet full with lots of useful health information and healthy recipe after the screening


20120908_184858
The consultant advises me to take more veggie and fruits instead of meat and carbohydrate, but darling insisted to have Chilis as dinner. With really strong determination, I get myself a Quesadilla Explosion Salad (RM25.95) - Fajita-marinated chicken, corn relish, mixed cheeses, cilantro, diced tomato & crispy tortilla strips. Garnished with a ancho-ranch drizzle and cheese quesadilla wedges, served with citrus-balsamic dressing. Surprisingly this is really good, refreshing and fulfilling; lean chicken meat is not dry but tender and juicy, while the sweet and sour dressing really gives a kick to this dish. I tremendously love the fajitas that have cheese sandwiched in, and generous amount of cheese sprinkled over. 

Journey to keep fit and slim is harsh, especially to a meat and carbohydrate lover. 

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...