Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Korean BBQ Seoul Garden @ Kuchai Lama

I was not familiar with Kuchai Lama this place in spite of I had come this place several times to send and buy equipment during my industrial training. This place gain my extra interest when knowing there is a NSK outlet here as I was always hearing some bloggers talking about NSK. This time I get to go Kuchai Lama to enjoy my Korean food again and also pay a visit to NSK. To be honest, the road in Kuchai Lama can be described as a maze to me and we actually spent up near to half hour only to find this shop lot.


1 
Finally we got the place, here is it in Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park


DSC03193 
They made the menu looks so elegant, just like photo album from studio huh?


DSC03196 
We sat near the window, on tatami-style dining area


DSC03195 
And beside us are some Korean style decorations

DSC03208 
Each guest sits on the tatami area will be given this back-supported mat, very good service~ Unlike the Doarae restaurant that I visited before, only 4 mats available in the restaurant and strictly mean for oldies.


DSC03206 
Salad (with thousand island) is served for appetizer, it is free :)


DSC03203 
My Korean Tea, actually is brown rice green tea (RM4)


DSC03202 
Darling's Korean Soya Bean (RM6), taste differently with our soya bean, the soya creamy taste is stronger for this one, and with extra flavor of santan (coconut milk), we both fall in love with this indeed! 


DSC03213 
Then, 11 banchan (Side dishes) were served to us! Although the table is big and we only occupy two seats, but when all the dishes come, the table is still seem to be small!


2 
Veggies with sesame oil


3
From top left clockwise: celery with egg, fried cucumber, potato salad and fish cakes


4 
Kimchi the one could not miss, anchovies with peanuts in sugar, and spicy nokdumuk (a kind of korean jelly made from bean starch)


This is the meal purchased online again, one voucher entitled for 2 pax, including a portion of BBQ pork belly or marinated chicken breast, one Kimchi-Jjigae and one Dolsot-Bibim-Bap. This deal is very worthy for me because all the food is good, the set is supposed to be RM60 but we can enjoy it at only RM30. How nice the internet be to us, honestly the recent good meal I had are all from this kind of online deal, since it is so cheap and worth, why shall I pay more to enjoy some  other food with same quality? In other words, I have tonnes of voucher accumulated now thus I may not spend money to go for other fine-dining place anymore, not because of no moolah, it's because of no time and no such huge appetite to keep all those good food~


DSC03229
This is the Kimchi-Jjigae, it is a stew-like Korean dish full with Kimchi, diced tofu, korean glass noodles, pork slice, and winter mushrooms. It is rich in Kimchi flavor, as well as bean paste taste, a little bit sour and it is so appetizing to me; however, not really that spicy as described by its color.


DSC03231 
White rice is given to serve together with the Kimchi-Jjigae, a bowl of this rice costs RM5 but it is included in our package. You may think the rice is costly but I think it has its value because the rice is super yummy! It is sticky and soft, with strong aroma of pure white rice~


DSC03228 
Then we chose marinated pork belly instead of chicken breast because darling dislike chicken breast~ I do not need to compliment on this because everyone knows how good Korean BBQ is! I like to wrap the meat with lettuce and garlic with some condiments given, simply perfect. 


DSC03230 
Take the picture of our first round food, so many plates!

DSC03214 
Then our Dolsot-Bibim-Bap comes. We are more used to call it stone rice~ Honestly before this visit I actually dislike stone rice, had it once in a Chinese restaurant, it really made me feel of puking! However I love the stone rice here! I wonder how can I hate stone rice for so many years? Is it because I should go for the place where it serves authentic stone rice instead of Chinese restaurant? Or my appetite has changed after so many years? 


DSC03233 
Simple ingredients, but makes it so nice! I mixed everything inside the bowl with the red color paste given in a small plate, I wonder it is a red pepper paste or bean paste that Korean loves to use all the while? It is a little bit spicy, salty, and crunchy, undeniably it is a healthy and delicious one!

DSC03238 
Bean sprout soup is given to serve together with the stone rice, see the big bean sprout they have!!

DSC03234 
We extra order Kimchi Jeon (RM30) and I love this! Crispy outside but still soft and fluffy for the pancake. The boss is not stingy for Kimchi and other ingredients such as sliced pork, we have more of those rather than the batter. The Jeon is one of the dish that I feel hard for not ordering when going to Korean restaurant!


DSC03235 
The serving speed is fast, maybe we reached there early, the restaurant is packed with customer very soon after our dishes come

DSC03210
DSC03236 
Thanks darling for the good meal~ =D


DSC03240 
And finally this is their business hour
Kuchai Lama  (Seoul Garden )
2-1, Jalan Kuchai Maju 1,
Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park,
58200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 603 7984 2100



Ratings
Food: 9.5/10
Price: RM70 as total (exclusive of tax and service charge)
Environment: 7.5/10
Service: 7/10

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...