Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dome @ The Gardens Mall

I started to hate hanging out on weekend, especially to Midvalley, it is just too crowded and hard to move every step forward. But today darling just insisted to bring me go Midvalley for a walk and movie, I hope next time Sunway Pyramid, or Paradigm would be our next favorite hang out spot instead of Midvalley, although have to pay the LDP toll fees. :( 

20130120_130126
For today brunch, we come to Dome, a place I always wanted to visit for its pie's sake since I read a blog post introducing it. Unfortunately, this was my first visit and probably be my last visit to Dome. Food is average where other western food franchises can offer better one, service was terrible and I think it is rather expensive (probably I felt the food not worth that value). Since our order time, we had waited 50 minutes and requested two times bill checking just to get our food ready! In fact the restaurant was not fully packed even in the lunch time, less than 10 tables were seated. 


20130120_124212
Gourmet Chicken Pie (RM25) - A homestyle chicken and mushroom filling topped with a golden pastry cap and served in a porcelain bowl, served with sauteed vegetables. In the menu picture, my sauteed vegetables ought to be mushroom (my favorite), cherry tomato and green peas! But today they replaced with baby corn (my loathed), carrots and broccoli. Besides the baby corn, I actually feel okay with the rest of vegetables, but they were just too raw, I felt puked!


20130120_124301
The soup in the pie is quite yummy but darling claimed that it just tastes like Maggi instant soup. Filling is quite generous but the chicken chunks have little bit of bad smell. 


20130120_125338
Spicy Olio Pasta (RM23) - Spaghetti tossed with herbs, garlic, chili flakes, red capsicum, spinach, parsley and zucchini, with chicken pastrami. Spaghetti was cooked perfectly as it is still springy, taste just good and flavorful, but darling claimed that it is too spicy! His lips were swollen after eating that, to his opinion he still prefer Aglio Olio from Italiannies. 


Ratings

Food: 6.5/10
Price: RM20-RM30 per pax
Environment: 8/10
Service: 4/10


  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...