Thursday, November 3, 2011

El Cerdo @ Changkat Bukit Bintang

1025 is the secret code between me and my darling, we have so much remembrance with this number. Briefly, it was the day 3 years ago that he confessed his feeling to me (of course there was already some hints by him earlier), and the day I shared my biggest secret in my life to him. Then he told me whenever I am ready to accept him, and if I am too shy to express, I may just hint him by this code. Until the Valentine's day, I made him the first chocolate ever in my life, and was decorated with 1025 wordings on top by some sugar ball. Well, the first Valentine's day was not the amazed one, in fact quite bored because we had extremely expensive dinner but taste so badly, and had a super boring movie afterward. He was so dumb for not knowing the hints that I gave throughout the date, and I was so worried on how to give out the chocolate. Finally, everything was ended and when he sent me back home, I only handed him my chocolate. Waiting after sometimes but still no sms from him, start worrying, but as soon his sms reached, I could feel his excitement over the atmosphere. Ya, and our relationship started for 100 days. *evil grin*

Time passes so fast, 1025 comes again. It was 25th of October, I don't actually remember this day but my lovely darling remembered! He brought me to El Cerdo located at Changkat Bukit Bintang on that night, the place we seldom go.  Honestly, the golden triangle of KL is the nightmare place for me. I don't quite like that area due to the terrible traffic condition, and also the complexity of human nature over that area. But since 1025 is our special day, so our mood is not affected by the traffic condition or anything else at all.

DSC_0887
Basically El Cerdo is a place with PORK theme~ Yes they have many kind of pork dishes, despite this, it is actually a fusion restaurant that serves both Spanish and German dish
http://www.elcerdokl.com/


DSC_0888
Their Spanish menu, we didn't order any of it, maybe wait for next time~


DSC_0890
Thanks darling for such a wonderful dinner!


DSC_0889
Darling likes to call me piggy, am I really look like one of them?


DSC_0886
How can a romantic dinner without candle light? But their house candle light is so special and "healthy"! They use the salt rock as the outer shield for the candle light! I love this~ Isn't it beautiful?


DSC_0893
I love their interior design~ Street-feel restaurant, a vintage and cozy one


DSC_0956
Noticed the street lamp? Simply nice and giving comfortable lighting


DSC_0941
The entrance of the restaurant, full with wine~ Classic and elegant bierhaus~ 


DSC_0943
DSC_0944
Although it was a weeknight, but still the restaurant is fully packed, maybe of holiday eve? or simply the food is too good?


DSC_0957
They are not slack for the ceiling design as well!


DSC_0959
The bar, too bad we are not drinkers, so we skipped the wine list


DSC_0960
I can see how much love the boss has on PIG! Every corner in the restaurant has PIG~ 


DSC_0892
Then it is the time to eat out!


DSC_0895
The free breads with liver paste as appetizer, quite special one but I don't like the smell of organ


DSC_0907
The Elegant Cold Tea; Cooler Sunset Dream and Love at the First Try (RM8.90 each)
Well, taste not bad, but similar to ice lemon tea~ 


DSC_0912
DSC_0902
German mini sausages wrapped in Bacon on a skewer, served with sauerkraut and mashed potato (RM28)
Oh this is really good, the sausage is fried until very crispy yet still juicy enough, and never go bad with the meaty bacon! The sauerkraut (sour cabbage) is mild sour, not an overpowering one! Mashed potato tastes good as well although it looked colorless~ 


DSC_0915
German Crispy Pork Knuckle (RM98)
This is seriously meant for 2-3 pax sharing! It is seasoned with herbs and garlic, very crispy and succulent!


DSC_0923
The crew was helping us to cut knuckle into pieces~ Very good service they have! In fact, the crew is actually very aware of what we customers need~ When we just entered into the restaurant, they quickly handover something like a wooden partition to let us put our belongings at chair side instead of hugging it or put at the back that usually cause uncomfortable to us


DSC_0924
Very big portion of pork knuckle, it is not easy to cook at this quality~ However, I am not very fancy with the oil layer, I just simply love the meat and crispy skin of it~


DSC_0927
The side dishes come along with the knuckle, potato dumpling, sauerkraut and fresh salad


DSC_0928
This mustard beer sauce gives a big kick to the knuckle, how can they match so perfectly? Bravo!


DSC_0929
Another sauce for knuckle, Apple mousse~ 


DSC_0933
The knuckle portion is really too huge until we have to take it away~ Even the paper bag is also that lovely!


DSC_0947
and our lovely dinner end with this lovely dessert, Rum and Raisin Pancake "Kaiserschmarrn" (RM22.50)
The pancakes are served crispy, fluffy and hot; matched good with sour berries sauce, and fine silky smooth Rum and Raisin ice cream! Believe me, their house-made ice cream can definitely compete with the famous Haagen Dazs one


DSC_0950
When we were about to clear our bill, the crew gave us a small cup of this drink, it is a complementary wine!


DSC_0951
Not sure why the cup edge was coated with salt, but one thing for sure is the people are really attentive, even for a tiny thingy! 


DSC_0946
DSC_0945
The atmosphere of the restaurant that night was kinda uproar, and it was entirely because many customers had ordered suckling pig, one of the signature dishes in house! If you ordered suckling pig, you will need to use the glass plate to cut the pig, and smashed it! Quite fun after all and everyone is excited!


DSC_0963
El Cerdo is quite a good place for celebration, dating and dining~ Very relaxing environment indeed


DSC_0965
Changkat Bukit Bintang has quite a number of bars and fine dining restaurants, and we can see many foreigners over here. Don't you think it is quite like Hong Kong Lan Kwai Fong? But of course, this is a small size one, not the whole street serves beer as like Hong Kong Lan Kwai Fong!


Ratings

Food: 9.5/10
Price: Total bill RM199.30 (Approx RM40-70 per pax)
Environment: 9.5/10
Service: 10/10

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...