Sunday, June 14, 2015

Taiwanese braised egg 台式卤蛋

20150614_180304

Braised egg in Taiwanese style!




My friend Sandy gave me an easy pack of precooked Taiwanese style braised pork, a local product from Formosa Chang (鬍鬚張) where one of the most renowned restaurant in Taiwan is.

This easy pack is kinda fast to serve, what you have to do is to throw the pack into the boiling water and let it be for 5 minutes. However I feel it is quite plain to serve only with rice, thus I braised some eggs with another simple recipe, just to make a more authentic braised pork rice.

This recipe is really too simple to share, with reference of adam's recipe:

Ingredients~
Hard boiled egg, dark soy sauce, soy sauce, water (2-3 fold of soy sauce amount), cinnamon stick (肉桂支), star anise (八角)

For this time, I braised 6 eggs with half cup of dark soy sauce, half cup of soy sauce, 1 cup of water, 1 cinnamon stick and 2 small star anise, put everything into the slow cooker and bring to boil. Before serve, I add in a bit of brown sugar to make the sauce thicker.

The result turned out to be pretty good, bf claimed my braised egg tasted even better than the precooked braised pork pack.

I still have some leftover braised sauce and gonna put in mushroom and black fungus to continue braise as tomorrow dinner. YUM!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...