Monday, December 3, 2012

CAFEi Conference

Last week I was attending a conference with theme "Bringing Engineering to Life", it was an international conference of agricultural and food engineering, held in conjunction with MAHA event. This was my first time really participating in conference as presenter. I never had a chance to attend a conference (try to recall one but failed to), previously was just some seminars, I thought. Attending such conference is basic to postgraduate student, although I feel quite reluctant to join, but no choice because I was hoping my paper could be published.

The day 1, after registration and collected the goodies bag, the event is then all about eating and boring speeches.

20121127_224256



  20121126_084310
Opening ceremony, plenary speech and keynote speech in grand ballroom. Some were interesting but generally still a boring morning, after the tea time, speech again then come to lunch time. First day was still quite fun to me because during the tea time I knew a girl from Canada, had a nice and long chat with her; and also had a good chat with my supervisor during the lunch time. At least I have someone to talk to in this day!


The first day of conference is then completed with a welcoming dinner. My supervisor is not able to attend, so he asked my boy friend to replace him.

Photobucket
The grand ballroom for the welcoming dinner


Photobucket
Luckily darling accompanied for this dinner, otherwise really boring die!


20121126_214439
We were entertained with Malay traditional music and cultural dance


20121126_214556
Our conference is at Palm Garden Hotel, IOI Resort, food served here is quite nice, environment is good as well


Photobucket
Buffet line of the night, not much choices but still we had a very very very full dinner


20121126_213648
VIP of the conference


Photobucket
What we ate #1, yummy! Especially the chicken soup~ But bread is so hard! 


20121126_203529
What we ate #2, delicious~ 


Photobucket
What we ate #3


Photobucket
What we ate #4, nice and soft dessert~


20121126_212411
Coffee-tea mix, best with dessert 


********************

Day 2, my paper presentation day, other than that, it is just another non-stop eating day.

20121127_094558
I was the first presenter of the day in grand A room and luckily didn't get shoot much by panel and audience


Photobucket
Grand A room paper presentation


Photobucket
Tea time! 


Photobucket
Light and yummy breakfast


After the breakfast, I didn't straight go back to conference hall but take a stroll around the hotel compound

Photobucket
Palm Garden Hotel #1


Photobucket
Palm Garden Hotel #2, even camping also got people help you to set up the tent, then what is the purpose of camping in this hotel compound?


Photobucket
Palm Garden Hotel #3


20121127_111232
Get back to conference hall again, and wait for lunch time


20121127_122817
We had our both day lunch at this Palms Cafe, food served here is quite okay


20121127_112552


Photobucket
Buffet line #1


Photobucket
Buffet line #2


Photobucket
Buffet line #3


Photobucket
Buffet line #4


Photobucket
Buffet line #5


Photobucket
A very full and satisfied lunch! But very boring lunch because supervisor was busy chatting with his colleague


20121127_145310
After lunch, get back to conference hall to see my new Canadian friend's presentation


Photobucket
Then, tea time again! After this, come to the closing ceremony of event and awards~ Finally finished!


Sorry for being unprofessional, I should blogged about the details and technical part of this conference instead of food, however I really felt bored with this event, and don't feel gaining any new knowledge from here. But still, I hope to record at least something on my first participation in conference, so finally come up with food post again! Shame....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...