Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012 @ Sudu, Hilton KL

Darling loves to celebrate big day with delicate and expensive 3-5 course meal, but I actually not really into it, because the serving portion is really too small for me, and another thing is I don't think such meal is worth. So this Valentine's day we change for buffet dinner, at least I think it worth for the same value of money, I can eat more variety and quantity of foods. 

After few reviews search, darling decided to bring me to Hilton Kuala Lumpur, a 5 start hotel located near KL central. Thanks darling for always set so much store by these important dates, bringing me the celebration with delicious and romantic dinner! Hope this spirit can last until we old, because if you miss once I will be very disappointed.


DSC_0463
Hilton KL is like a twin to Le Meridien hotel, had visited the Le Meridien buffet during my cousin's buffet, and now is the turn to Hilton KL, both hotels have almost similar layout for the buffet restaurant and type of foods served, however I personally think that Hilton KL has better and fresher food.


DSC_0467
At the hotel lobby, was impressed with its sumptuousness 


Photobucket
We celebrated Valentine's day earlier in the weekend, because we just don't want to eat rush and crowded with people. Also, this Valentine's day fall on Tuesday, it is kinda tired to celebrate after whole day work.


Photobucket
Then we arrived at the Sudu, our dining place


DSC_0471
Sudu is a restaurant that served buffet and a la carte dining, this is part of the buffet lines that serve some Malaysia local dishes and Chinese stew


DSC_0488
We were arranged to the corner table, if you are yearn for wine, you can opt for the bottomless wine offer for RM90++ per person 



And here's the buffet line, not manage to capture all because I am still shy to walk around and capture photo of every dish, leaving out the soup and ice cream bar.

DSC_0472
Beef tenderloin and bake potato


DSC_0473
Chicken tenderloin


DSC_0474
Chinese delights


DSC_0475
Chinese stew


DSC_0480
Pasta counter, cook upon order, and you can choose your own ingredients 


DSC_0481
Fresh seafood bar, serve very fresh oyster, clam, mussel and crab


DSC_0482
Japanese sushi and sashimi bar


DSC_0512
Salad and appetizer counter


DSC_0508
Bread rack


DSC_0483
Cheese counter


DSC_0477
Dessert counter


DSC_0478
Love the silky smooth chocolate from the mini chocolate fountain



Our meal for the night, we took almost every dish but all are for sharing. Although the type of food may not be as many as Jogaya buffet, the taste is incredibly good and fresh.

DSC_0490
First plate we had the cheese popover, baked potato, grill vegetables and roast beef and chicken tenderloin. I especially love the roast beef slice, so tender and juicy, also without the awful beef smell; the other were good as well. 


DSC_0493
Darling order a plate of Bolognese spaghetti, with bacon, sausage and mushroom as side ingredients. You can add mussel and big prawn too, but darling ask the chef to pick for him, so we don't have seafood inside, perhaps it just simply doesn't match with tomato sauce spaghetti. Also, you can opt for carbonara sauce and other spaghetti type like macaroni, fettuccine and etc. The spaghetti is appetizing, the sauce is just different from the ordinary can tomato puree taste that I am so bored to, it is an earthy one. 


DSC_0495
The third plate we had Peking duck in egg crepe, roast duck, creamy stew chicken, and fried potato


DSC_0496
Then it is the raw seafood platter, everything was so fresh, I specially love the oyster, juicy! But I didn't take a lot, because darling warned me for stomachache! Regretting! 


DSC_0499
Darling's favorite, sashimi platter! The raw salmon was very fresh and soft!


DSC_0507
Something that I cannot resist, the cheese platter! However, I just knew not every kind of cheese tastes good since this! The blue cheese tastes appalling~ The other kind was equally good, best served with the cracker and bread stick! 


DSC_0509
Green pea soup, they have another kind of soup but I forget its name! We didn't manage to finish the green pea soup, as its taste was too earthy and vegetive, yeah we are Carnivore!


DSC_0523
Some other Malaysia local dishes we had, peas salad, chicken and beef cooked in Malay style, Chinese stew vegetables, Asian fragrant rice and Mamak style squid curry; a palatable one. 


DSC_0519
Darling took another plate of sashimi, this time with sushi


DSC_0520
Something from salad and appetizer counter


DSC_0527
Dessert time, we had small and cute cakes and Malaysia local Kuih-muih as first plate of dessert. Everything was good and not too sweet, I love them present in such delicate way!


DSC_0533
Then some big slice of cakes, creme brulee and marshmallow and donut coated in chocolate as our second plate of dessert


DSC_0531
The hotel waitress was so attentive that serving us tea or coffee when we were about to take dessert


DSC_0537
Blueberry ice cream and Kiwi sherbet, served with chocolate chips, cookies and almond flakes


DSC_0538
The blueberry ice cream was too good, therefore I had another bowl. This time I ordered vanilla flavor and blueberry, guess what the chef did for me? He "fried" the ice cream for me! Well, it is actually "fried" without fire, meaning that he mix both ice cream with iron griddle and acting like cooking something over the Teppanyaki plate, so end up with this nicely mixed vanilla blueberry ice cream. Also, in the process of "frying", you can add in other ingredients like chocolate chips, almond flakes, and shredded coconut to mix with the ice cream. This tastes so delicious and smooth! 


Ratings

Food: 8.5/10
Price: RM98++ per person
(P/S: Sometimes they have promotion with certain bank card)
Environment: 7/10
Service: 8.5/10



Even during the dining time, we love to capture photos of ourselves.

Photobucket
Oh my God see how round my face is, it is the time to remind myself of getting on diet


DSC_0500
Darling is also getting fat, however everything is accumulated in his big tummy, no fat look from his face and body! This is so unfair!


DSC_0514
The salad and appetizer bar serves something tastes like Turkish, which I yearned for


DSC_0541
The only photo of we two during this Valentine's day, credit to the hotel staff.


For this year Valentine's gift, darling bought me something I wanted long. It is a tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, it is something light and useful that I needed whenever I travel or go to school. I was in dilemma of choosing Ipad2 or this one, however after reading few reviews and considering myself as heavy user (will be using this tablet to blog, handling school works, surfing net, games etc.), I decided with this Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and forego Ipad2. The reasons I forego Ipad2 are because it cannot support flash, also it cannot perform multitask, and Samsung has bigger size of RAM, better camera resolution, and GPS and bluetooth mode which is not available in Ipad2. Again, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 can let me experience personalized tablet with more flexibility. From all reasons, I still choose back my Samsung, which is a good thing also because it is compatible with my phone S2.  

Photobucket
Thanks darling for such a wonderful gift! It really brings my life easier! Choose white color one for my tablet, but actually nothing different after wearing the book cover


DSC_0448
Yeah, purchase this from the same store and same sales person as when we purchased S2


DSC_0546
I cannot afford expensive gift (still a poor student), so buy this Polo perfume for my darling, hope you like it lah!!! Although I know you want a Seiko watch, but wait long long first lah.. hehe


DSC_0558
No expensive gift for him, but cook a lovely dinner for him on the Valentine's night, grilled salmon with carbonara spinach fettucine; and made him a video to recall our in love moments.





  

3 comments:

singapore hotel deals said...

hello!! Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community.

Jacksjye said...

Amboi!!!!!... Such an awesome Valentine's celebration although it was not on the true day. The photos taken on the buffet seems really attracting! Happy belated Valentine's day to both of you. Bila mau mari fish head mihoon?

HsIM said...

Jack: weekend lo.. will call you to make appointment.. wakaka..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...