Sunday, February 26, 2012

Italiannies @ The Gardens

I was suddenly craving for Italy style pizza after watching Cake Boss series 3 where they spent their holiday in Italy. From what they described, the pizza dough was so fluffy, crispy and baked over wood fire, how tempting it is. The next day, darling asked where to have good food and I can't wait to suggest Italiannies, I want the pizza crazily. We had an experience with Italiannies in The Curve, not a good one because I remembered the food was just so so to us, and the air-conditioner which was on top of us actually water-dripping! After that time we had never stepped into Italiannies, until yesterday. The second visit this time was a good moment to us, we had delicious food and happy dining with Italiannies! 


20120225_183140
The waitress handed us the complimentary bread while we glanced through the menu


20120225_183154
Olive oil with spice and vinegar for bread dipping


20120225_183857
Thanks for the wonderful meal darling!


Photobucket
Interior of Italiannies, classic and cozy


Photobucket
Shrimp Aglio Olio (RM19.90) - Linguine with shrimp, artichoke hearts, oven-dried tomatoes, black olives and garlic
Darling recently really fall in love with this spaghetti type, a dry and full with flavor one, with a tad of spiciness.  The shrimp is so big and fresh, the black olives are the best olives that I've ever had, I usually don't take olive because it smells and tastes awful, bitter, sour and so strong! But this one is just alright to me, I started to love olive after this! Although the spaghetti is a little bit oily, but I still consider it very light to me, maybe of the good quality olive oil they use. 


20120225_184835
Smoked Salmon Pizza (RM28.90) - Smoked salmon slices, gorgonzola dill cream sauce, cream cheese and sliced onions


Photobucket
Aha, see how thick the salmon slice is? We forego the traditional cheesy pizza, and choose something different for the night, and this definitely lightens us! It is so light and refreshing, but still with the creamy cheese taste that pizza has to have. Salmon is fresh, and flavorful with smoky smell, an awesome one. I started to love Italy pizza rather than America style pizza which is so heavy, so cheesy and satiated! 


The yesterday visit has drew back my bad impression on Itallianies, we will definitely pay a visit again for the nice food, nice environment and friendly working crew. 


Ratings

Food: 9/10
Price: Approx. RM30-40 per person
Environment: 7/10
Service: 7/10


After the dinner, it's the movie time! We chose Ghost Rider, a film from Marvel's comic, presented by one of my favorite star Nicolas Cage. 

ghost-rider-black-evil

I love every movie that with Marvel's comic base, and almost watched every one! For this Ghost Rider, I personally think that the movie is funny and a little bit ridiculous, but overall it is a good movie, I like the story line and the comedy scrap in the movie, laugh die me! Not to forget, Nicolas Cage is so handsome and masculine in the movie, really admire him a lot, a lot!  


************

We paid a second visit to Italiannies just right after the week, was too missing the thin crust of pizza dough. This time we were not really hungry but just simply craving for the thin crunchy pizza bread, so we just ordered a pizza and an appetizer. But, the appetizer's size is really huge to us, after finish it the pizza was remained untouched. Yet, we were still able to grab a piece while it was still served hot and fresh, the others we packed it away and bought home for the next day's lunch (Still tasted good on second day).


20120303_185440
This time we tried a different pizza, the Ham and Mushroom Pizza (RM30.90), combination of tomato, mozzarella cheese, turkey ham and button mushroom. It is aromatic, savory with thick cheese flavor.


20120303_184541
The appetizer, Quattro Platter (RM27.90), a combination of deep-fried risotto balls, calamari, fried lemon cheesy balls and zucchini strings, complete with marinara sauce and alfredo dressing for dipping


20120303_184519
The lemon cheesy ball tasted a bit heavy to me, it is more like hard yogurt texture, imagine like fried version of lemon cheese cake, while the zucchini strings just tasted like the deep fried onion or shallot that commonly see in Chinese cuisine. Well, this platter is not really up to my liking


20120303_185102
Risotto ball, taste like chicken rice ball in Malacca, but it is a wetter and more compact version

  
Although this platter does not really satisfy me, but overall it still tastes okay, especially the calamari, big size and succulent one, while the dipping sauce tastes really well. Of course, no complains go to the Pizza! I will be here again for the pizza and pasta!


  

2 comments:

Jacksjye said...

Wow..I didn't realise Italliannies has these kind of wonderful dishes. They do look pretty great, especially the Smoked Salmon Pizza. Gosh.. and the price for both Spaghetti and Pizza was not that alarming! Why wouldn't my friends have a thought of going into the restaurant? I remember the first and last time I went there wasn't that enjoying too. As I recall, we didn't get the right dishes for our taste... Erm.. after read your post, maybe next time I should go again and give it a shot..
BTW, Nicholas Cage is indeed an amazing and talented actor. but, I don't classify him as handsome.. haha..XD XD

HsIM said...

Haha, quite true.. But in the Ghost Rider he is so cute and funny, not handsome meh? He has the maturity that I admire haha.. So MAN! XP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...