Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pak Putra Naan and Tandoori @ Kota Laksamana

Pak Putra is a local indian stall that serves usual dishes such as Naan, Tandoori, fried mee and rice, nasi kandar and some kind of western food. However, everyone actually comes here for his famous Naan and Tandoori chicken, so do we. Pak Putra is located conveniently near Jonker walk area, it is just at the street next to Jonker street, but not as crowded as Jonker street, have some supper here after Jonker-walking-like-sardine-packing is such a good relieve!

They have some indian dishes that I haven't see before and look interesting such as Aloo Bindi (Something look like curry paste, cooked with potato and lady's finger), Aloo Ghobi (Something look like curry paste, cooked with potato, cauliflower and green pea), and Spinach cheese. I guess they serve good mutton curry as well since many tables actually ordered it. We went there with a not-so-empty stomach and it was actually supper time, so we don't order much, just a Naan and a plate of Tandoori chicken.

About the Naan, they have plenty of choices such as garlic with cheese, Keema naan (mutton), double cheese, triple cheese, potato naan, and many others, even a sweet one that with raisin and nuts filling called Kashmiri naan.

Here is the place, packed with people but finding a table is not that difficult, however the serving speed is real slow~


 
Their opening hours


Tandoori Chicken (RM7)
I can say this is the best Tandoori I've ever tried, the meat is so juicy and tender, not the hard and dry type that I usually had. I love the spicy aroma and creamy sour of the chicken, serve best with the green sauce given (don't know what it called)



The chicken looks tempting~ Thought it was like the dry type Tandoori, so we opt for the drumstick part, but it comes to be so juicy and soft, I will try back my favourite breast part next time~


We ordered Potato and cheese Naan (RM4.50) for first trial.
Oh my god this Naan is also the best Naan I've ever had (I don't take Naan usually, because of the poor experience I had previously, the Naan was so hard and difficult to chew!). The Naan is so soft, and the cheese and potato filling are so generous! I just love the cheese melt in every bite!


Darling had the fake wine that Muslim people can drink (RM4)


Ratings



Food: 8/10
Price: 7/10 (1 for very cheap, 10 for very expensive)
Environment: 4/10
Service: 4/10



GPS Coordinates: N 2 deg 11.708 E 102 deg 14.613





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...