Friday, April 29, 2011

Tong Kee Tarts

I believe many people have heard of Tong Kee (棠记饼家) with its famous tart. Of course I was impressed with their egg tart also when I first bought from the Sri Petaling branch. It was looking good and shining as just right from the hot oven. The pastry was so crispy and filling was just right to satisfy my taste bud. I am not quite into egg tart, but egg tart from their house really impressed me and I started to love egg tart since then.

Passing through IOI boulevard tonight for dinner, therefore bought some tarts from Tong Kee Puchong Jaya branch as supper.



The Tong Kee Confectionery


I had an egg tart (RM1.40) and coconut tart (RM1.50) from them

Well, the tarts from this branch did disappoint me. The filling of the egg tart is too sweet for me and the pastry is also not as crispy as I had for the first time. It doesn't give me a layer by layer feeling for the pastry. The coconut tart is even sweeter than the egg tart. I don't quite like it as I am not born with a sweet tooth.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...